Friday, November 9, 2012

Practice Practice Practice

First Witness Sketch by Crowe
First Witness Sketch
   ....but have fun!  I am always "doodling".  This for me is practice and fun.  I do not have any work when it comes to drawing.  I just hone my skills through thought and practice.  I turn it into a game.  I see something, anything and then just start thinking about how to draw it.

       For me I do very little drawing from sight.  I work with photographs.  So I take a picture of my subject and break out my pencil.  Nothing to it, but to do it!  I print off my picture... or run to Wal-mart and get a print made.  I then Grid it and start drawing away.  More about that later.  But you'd be surprised the accuracy you can get this way.  Other than that I just doodle and practice simple shading from time to time.  Drawing is all about having fun... not being "an  artist".  Why do something that is tedious and time consuming... if you don't enjoy it!  Make it fun and anyone can succeed in drawing whatever they want!

     Like Birds.  This week I think I will start learning to draw bird and might even do it with a new friend that I met.  He had a great big book on Birds and even let me see it!  It was wonderful and had so many photographs of birds.... we'd never run out!  Hopefully he'd like to draw with me.  Well... until later tonight... good luck and god bless and keep on drawing or at least appreciating art!

                                                                                       - Crowe ~~~.v.~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment